Latinos in College website
Log In .


I'm 29, undocumented and can pay for school

Posted by J.S. 

I really want to attend college. However, I'm an indocumented resident and don't know how to go about it. I don't know where to find help in the matter. I reside in New York. Dutchess county to be exact and would like to attend the community college here. I have my GED and I will be able to pay my own education (29 years old).

Could you please guide me thru this? Where do I go? Who do I call? I don't feel comfortable telling every person my living status in this country.

If you could provide some feedback, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Re: I'm 29, undocumented and can pay for school
May 18, 2010 11:56AM
First, you must find a community college in your area that you are interested in. Go to search engines like or and type in “community colleges in Dutchess county NY.” Once you have researched each college and decided the best one for you, then you should fill out an application. Public universities and community colleges should not ask for proof of your citizenship or immigration status. They are NOT required to report undocumented students. You are allowed to leave the SSN space on the application blank. If you need more explanation or help with the application, call the admissions office of the community college to let them know your situation.

If you are still unsure, please contact us again with more questions.

Good luck!