Latinos in College website

Advanced

I didn't make it into any of the colleges I applied to!!

Posted by Alberto Rosario 
Alberto Rosario
I didn't make it into any of the colleges I applied to!!
March 30, 2011 04:40AM
I'm panicking, and disappointed and sad and angry that I didn't make it into any of the colleges I applied. So what do I do now? I just feel like nobody thinks I'm good enough for their school and although I know that's not really true, it's a bad feeling. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I know it's a horrible feeling, but maybe it was meant to be. It is not the end of the world, you still have plenty of options. Just start applying to community colleges and make sure you focus and do well. That way it will give you sometime to really think about what career path you want to take and what major is suited for you. At the moment as you can see universities are becoming more expensive and it is best to go to a cc to save money for 2 years and transfer to a four year. That wayyou dont end up with so many loans. So dont worry so much, try to look at the bright side of this.
Re: I didn't make it into any of the colleges I applied to!!
March 31, 2011 07:04PM
Alberto,

Ana provided some great advice! I would also suggest that you begin at a community college. A community college acts as a stepping stone where you can work hard for a year or two and get help identifying good possibilities for your interest, your background, and your academic profile. Take this time to research the transfer student application process and try to connect with undergraduates and alumni from your top choice universities to get a sense of what you need to work on.

It is not the end of the world. There are various paths you can take to get to where you want to be. Sometimes our plan doesn’t go the way we expect it to. There is always another plan that can help you reach your goals. There are professionals who have started at community colleges and have ended their education graduating from top universities. Continue to stay focused and working on your next plan.

Good luck!

- Jazmin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 07:17PM by Jazmin Cameron.