Latinos in College website

Advanced

Do I need to fill the FAFSA every year?

Posted by Kaisha 
Kaisha
Do I need to fill the FAFSA every year?
January 15, 2011 04:42PM
One question, I filled out the fafsa as a freshman, do i need to fill it out again this year? I'm a sophomore now and i still need financial assisttance.
Amber George
Re: Do I need to fill the FAFSA every year?
January 16, 2011 08:14PM
Hi Kaisha,

Yes, you need to complete the FAFSA each year you are in school. You will need your tax information as well as your parents tax information so you can complete the FAFSA once you and/or your parents have filed your 2010 taxes.

Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov for additional information and deadlines.

Best,
Amber George
Elias
January 25, 2011 02:46AM
Is it the same form we need to fill out our sophomore year or a differnt one?
January 26, 2011 04:26PM
Elias, it is the same form. Here is more information by FAFSA regarding reapplying:

"You must apply for federal student aid for every school year that you attend. To reapply, you should submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you submitted a FAFSA last year, and you are eligible to complete a Renewal FAFSA, you may choose to have most of the questions pre-filled with the information you provided. Simply updating the information for the new school year on a Renewal FAFSA may be faster. However, the Renewal FAFSA is available solely for your convenience. If you prefer to start fresh with a new FAFSA, you are free to do so.

To reapply:

Go to the FAFSA on the Web home page.
Click Start Here to log in.
Click FAFSA Renewal.
Note: If you are eligible to complete a Renewal FAFSA, you will be asked to provide your PIN, as well as answers to income, asset, and tax questions. You must also update any information that has changed since last year." - [www.fafsa.ed.gov]

- Jazmin