Latinos in College website

Advanced

TAFSA

Posted by Jose Estrada 
Jose Estrada
TAFSA
December 05, 2010 08:43AM
I have a question about the TAFSA application, How do i fill one out online? It seems like there is nowhere that I can find one. Everywhere i go it redirects me to the FAFSA and that is not what i want. Also I have the application (paper copy) I am going to enter the 2011-2012 school year but it says 2010-211 is that okay, and where do I send it to?
Re: TAFSA
December 05, 2010 02:09PM
Jose,

It seems that there is no online application for TASFA. You will need to fill out your 2010-2011 paper copy and submit.

For more information you can visit this site, Colleg for All Texans - [www.collegefortexans.com].

Good luck!

- Jazmin
laura
December 22, 2010 04:17PM
I also cannot seem to find the 2011-2012 TAFSA application anywhere online (the post above me is right, you can only print it out from a website..) My conclusion is that it is not out yet. Try again at the beginning of January. I'll do the same, if i find the website that has it.. I will let you know!
December 28, 2010 10:46AM
Unfortunately, the website does not have the option of filling it out online. For now students would need to print the application and submit by mail.

- Jazmin
Ernie
January 09, 2011 06:25AM
Thank you guys...
Jess
February 09, 2011 08:59AM
I filled out my TAFSA but I have no idea where to send it to, am I supposed to send a copy to each college I'm applying to or to a central office, I called the colleges I applied to but they're all closed because of the weather. So if anyone knows where I'm supposed to send it please let me know :)
February 13, 2011 12:13PM
Jess,

Please give us a few days to figure out where this application needs to be sent. In the meantime, you should try calling one of the Texas universities to see if they can inform you.

Also, at the end of the application, there is contact information for Maria Luna‐Torres, the Director Education Finance Initiatives. Please try e-mailing her at maria.luna‐torres@tgslc.org.

If there are any TASFA applicants with this information, please let us know!

- Jazmin
Gina
September 28, 2011 04:31AM
Do you know if I apply to a state college and I only went to high school one year in this state, will they charge me in state or out of state tuition?
Aura
September 29, 2011 09:36AM
they will charge you Out of State.. You need to live a tleast 3 years in Texas to be consider in state..
October 03, 2011 07:49PM
Gina,

Generally, you must have attended a certain number of years in order to be able to apply for TAFSA. It is always good to get in contact with them in regards to your situation.

- Jazmin
mary
March 13, 2012 10:07PM
i dont think theres any online i think u have to print one fill it out and send it to the college or university u are going to... well that wat my teacher told me
April 10, 2012 07:59PM
Mary,

If you got to this link, [www.collegefortexans.com], and scroll down, you will find links to download the application form.

Best wishes,

-Jazmin Cameron, LIC Advisor
Yesenia Campos
January 02, 2014 06:14PM
So where is the TASFA application suppost to be sent to?
jonas
February 20, 2014 06:04PM
OK, guys this is what im going to do. So, i going to call the University that i want to apply and ask if they accept Tasfa. if, they say yes, then i will ask them other questions like, so all i need is to print it out and sent it to you?
Go to the site of the university you all want to go and call.

well, good luck to Us.
jh
February 20, 2014 06:27PM
GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[www.aie.org]

They tell you what to do!