Latinos in College website

Advanced

What do you think about small leadership roles?

Posted by Andres Maria 
Andres Maria
What do you think about small leadership roles?
February 28, 2011 06:16AM
I'm a junior in high school and I've always been the leader in the different groups I got involved with such as my soccer team, and my debate team. Then when I volunteered at a soup kitchen, I wound up beign the leader of my shift... They are small roles but I think that may be they are positive in terms of my high school resume for college. Would you agree? That seeking leadership roles even if they are small they can help shape you as a leadership for bigger things?
Re: What do you think about small leadership roles?
March 01, 2011 07:13PM
Yes! You do not have to be part of a "big" project to show that you are a leader. All these are perfect examples of leaderships roles and the fact that you ended up being the leader for your soup kitchen shift shows that you are being seen as a leader by others. You are on the right path in developing your skills even more. Continue taking on any roles that come your way, whether they are big or small. Colleges will notice! If there are any clubs at your school that you are interested in joining, I would suggest you think about running for a position on the executive board (President, Vice President, Public Relator, Secretary, etc.) You may even be interested in organizations, such as the soup kitchen, and can reach out to them for a position. Just some ideas to take it further.

Keep up the good work!

- Jazmin
Andres Maria
Re: What do you think about small leadership roles?
March 10, 2011 09:44AM
Thanks Jazmin, you make me feel good and that I'm on the right path!